I love me a peanut butter cookie. But I like chewy cookies -- not the crumbly ones (unless I am putting on top of ice cream or yogurt!) If you're like me and like yourself a chewy cookie, you are going to love these peanut butter cookies. Enjoy!
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup oatmeal
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Mix together peanut butter, sugar, vanilla extract, and eggs until blended well.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix until combined well.
- Roll dough into balls and place on cookie sheet.
- Press down with fork vertically and horizontally to make the traditional peanut butter hashmarks.
- Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes (depending on how big you roll your cookies).
- Let sit on baking sheet for 1 minute before transferring to cooling rack or plate.
Yields 12-16 cookies
This article originally appeared in Macaroni Kid EATS!
Get a FREE kid-friendly event calendar for families living from downtown B'ham and south to Alabaster full of festivals, fairs, activities, events and more! Sign up by clicking HERE!
Macaroni Kid South Birmingham is a free weekly e-newsletter and website focused on fun family events and things to do with kids in the South Birmingham region. We gather together all kinds of local family events and activities each week, and add useful information about classes, family-focused businesses, book and product reviews, recipes, crafts, school and camp guides and more. We proudly serve families in downtown Birmingham, Mountain Brook, Homewood, Vestavia Hills, Hoover, Pelham, the Oak Mountain and 280 area, Helena and Alabaster.