I live in California and just found out my kids will be home for at least the next five weeks because of COVID-19. The teachers were not prepared for our closure to happen, so we have very limited work coming from school, at least for now.
But that doesn't mean I want my kids to spend their days on their electronic devices and watching YouTube videos.
I want them to keep learning.
So I rounded up some educational resources that kids of all ages could use at home. I was impressed with some of the great online programs I found, as well as some awesome printable websites!
Here is a list of free educational resources for you to explore and use with your family:
Grades Preschool - 5th grade
- Education.com Worksheets and Printables
- Epic! Digital Library for Kids 12 and Under [Free for 30 days, then $8 a month]
- Great Schools Worksheets for Preschool through 5th Grade
- JumpStart Printable Worksheets for All Subjects and Ages
- Kidzone Worksheets for Children
- Vooks A World of Animated Storybooks [Free for teachers, parents can get a one-month trial free, then $5 per month]
- K5 Learning Reading and Math for K-5 [14 day free trial, then $15 per month]
- Mystery Science Open-and-Go Lessons that Inspire Kids to Love Science [Offering a free login for selected lessons]
- TLS Books Educational Worksheets for Preschool through 6th Grade
- Helping with Math Printable Math Resources for K-8
- Homeschool Math Math Worksheets
- E Reading Worksheets Reading Worksheets [Look for Worksheets by Grade in the left menu]
- Prodigy Math Learning Platform
- ScienceWerkz® Download Middle School Interactive Science Content [5 free topics to download]
- VidCode Coding projects
- Breakout EDU Digital Learning Games
- Busy Teacher Printable Worksheets and Lesson Plans [Organized by topic, then choose level.]
- CK-12 The Smarter Way to Learn [Math, social studies, science]
- Common Core Sheets Worksheets for All Subjects and Ages
- Easy Teacher Worksheets Printables for All Subjects and Ages [Organized by subject matter. No grade information listed]
- IXL Personalized Learning with Comprehensive Pre-K-12 Curriculum and More
- K12 Reader Reading Instruction Resources, Printables, and Articles
- Khan Academy Online Courses, Lessons, and Practice
- Math-Aids Dynamically Created Math Worksheets
- Math-drills.com Math Worksheets [Grouped by math topic, but no grade/age information]
- Math is Fun Math Worksheets [Grouped by topic, but no grade/age information]
- SoftSchools Printable Math and Phonics Worksheets, Math Games, and Grammar Quizzes
- Spelling Words Printable Spelling Worksheets
- TeAchnology Printable Worksheets for K-12
- Twinkl Interactive Activities and More [Free month trial]
I hope that if you find your kids home unexpectedly this gives you resources to keep them learning!
Get a FREE kid-friendly event calendar for families living from downtown B'ham and south to Alabaster full of festivals, fairs, activities, events and more! Sign up by clicking HERE!
Macaroni Kid South Birmingham is a free weekly e-newsletter and website focused on fun family events and things to do with kids in the South Birmingham region. We gather together all kinds of local family events and activities each week, and add useful information about classes, family-focused businesses, book and product reviews, recipes, crafts, school and camp guides and more. We proudly serve families in downtown Birmingham, Mountain Brook, Homewood, Vestavia Hills, Hoover, Pelham, the Oak Mountain and 280 area, Helena and Alabaster.