My two guys, ages 11 and 8, can't get enough of Altitude, the new trampoline park located in Pelham, Alabama. We've been meeting up with some of our homeschool friends at Altitude on cold or rainy days for the past couple of months. The moms and babies hang out in the soft playground area, while the older kids disappear for hours, entertaining themselves. Let me just repeat, capitalize, bold and italicize those very key words. Disappear for Hours, Entertaining Themselves. Does that sound like fun to you? Because you fun, is just as, if not more important than, them fun. Definitely.
When it came time for Evan to choose where he wanted to have his birthday party, he naturally chose Altitude! He was so excited to have all his buddies, from the neighborhood and from our various homeschool groups, in one place to play and celebrate his 11th birthday.
You've heard our thoughts on Altitude in general. Here's our birthday party experience!
Booking and the Best Times to Book
Booking the party was easy. Altitude has three private party rooms, or at a lower price point, you can book table space for birthday parties out in the park. With so many places to party, Altitude is a great option for a last-minute party. But, to get exactly what you want, it's probably a good idea to book at least a month in advance.
We happened to book our party for Saturday late afternoon, not realizing how crowded it would be. This is definitely prime time for the park! As a homeschooling mom, I'm used to having the park all to ourselves (we go when all the other kids are at school). Did this dampen the fun of the kids? Heck no! They all had a blast, despite the increased activity. It DID, however, prompt me to contact the park to find out when their slowest times for parties are though. If you have a young kiddo or friends with sensory issues, you will definitely want to book at one of those times. If you need a weekend time for a birthday party, Friday nights and early Saturday mornings are less crowded. A weeknight birthday party is even better, and will also save you some money too!
COUPON CODE (at time of publishing): Found on Altitude's website, get up to $50 off a party using coupon codes "Party2020" or "20Party2020." Click here for pricing and options!
I captured so many fun pictures of Evan's birthday party, I decided to make a slide show! Check out all fun you and your kids can have at Altitude!
Food and Paper Products
My favorite type of party is the kind requiring the least amount of work and thinking on my part. So if food, drinks, and paper products are provided, WOO HOO, I'm a happy mama! Altitude includes pizzas (cheese or pepperoni), chicken tenders or chicken fries with their party packages. For drinks, bottled water or juice pouches are included. We purchased extra pizza for our adult guests. The pizzas are big and cut into nice sized pieces (definitely more than eight pieces per pizza), so we actually ended up with one pizza too much. All we had to do was bring cupcakes, extra drinks for adults and goody bags.
My kids are at the age where expensive, character-themed paper products are unnecessary. Altitude provides simple, plain paper products, perfect for an easy-as-possible party. But, if you want special decorations or products, you are welcome to bring in your own stuff.
Other Birthday Party Perks We Loved
- Reusable safety socks included for all guests that want to play! Even adults! No need for your guests to purchase socks for future jumps.
- Personal party host - Each party is assigned a super friendly and helpful staff member. Whenever we needed something, we just found our host (thanks Bradey!) and asked for it.
- T-shirt and jump pass for the birthday kid - Evan loved his new t-shirt (he's wearing it in the title photo at the top of this page!).
|I love this picture! Pure joy captured.|
Other Altitude Awesomeness We Love
- Great for all ages - From babies to teens, there are places to play and things to do at Altitude for kids of all ages. We love the gated soft playground area where babies and toddlers can play in a confined area away from the large trampoline areas.
- Toddler time prices - Toddlers can jump and play for only $5.95 and parents are only $2 extra (FREE if they are just watching).
- Homeschool Membership - If you homeschool, you definitely need to know about Altitude's homeschool membership. For just $10 a month per kid, your family can play for unlimited time between the hours of 12 and 4 pm on weekdays! Our homeschool group loves to meet here because it is one of the only places where the babies and toddlers in our group can play safely and their parents can still hang out and chat without having to spend too much time keeping the littles out of trouble! There is also FREE wifi, so you could even do school here if you wanted. The park will even allow you to have your homeschool group holiday parties at the park!
|Besides all the trampoline fun, Altitude also features a large, indoor playground and obstacle course!|
Disclosure: Thank you to Altitude for hosting our birthday party to facilitate the writing of this review. All opinions are my own.
Get a FREE kid-friendly event calendar for families living from downtown B'ham and south to Alabaster full of festivals, fairs, activities, events and more! Sign up by clicking HERE!
Macaroni Kid South Birmingham is a free weekly e-newsletter and website focused on fun family events and things to do with kids in the South Birmingham region. We gather together all kinds of local family events and activities each week, and add useful information about classes, family-focused businesses, book and product reviews, recipes, crafts, school and camp guides and more. We proudly serve families in downtown Birmingham, Mountain Brook, Homewood, Vestavia Hills, Hoover, Pelham, the Oak Mountain and 280 area, Helena and Alabaster.