Looking for a kid-friendly Fourth of July craft? I've got not one, but three easy crafts your kids -- no matter what their ages -- can do for the Independence Day holiday.
Bonus: you probably already have all the supplies you need on hand for these July 4 crafts!
Cotton Swab Fireworks
- Glue stick
- Black cardstock
- Cotton swabs
- Red and blue paint
- Use the scissors to cut 12 cotton swabs in half
- Put a quarter-sized dot each of the red and blue paints on a plate
- Make 4 large circles on the black paper with the glue stick
- Dip the end of each cotton swab in the color of your choice and stick onto a circle
- Repeat this process until you have 4 circles with 6 swabs each
Fourth of July Windsock
- Red or blue plastic cup
- Red/Blue/White streamers (6 cut into 3-foot strips)
- Red or blue pipe cleaners
- Star stickers
- Use the screwdriver to punch two holes in the bottom of the solo cup
- Loop the pipe cleaner through the two holes and twist together
- Tape the streamers into the inside of the cup
- Decorate the outside with stars
- Hang outdoors and watch it fly
- Red, white, and blue paint
- Water sealant
- Paint rocks
- Let dry
- Apply sealant to keep color from fading
- Either let your kids find places in your yard to display the rocks, or hide them around town for others to find and enjoy!
I hope these easy July 4th crafts give you and your kids some red, white, and blue crafting inspiration this holiday!
Heather McCloskey is the publisher of Macaroni Kid Fort Mill - Tega Cay - Rock Hill, S.C.
Get a FREE kid-friendly event calendar for families living from downtown B'ham and south to Alabaster full of festivals, fairs, activities, events and more! Sign up by clicking HERE!
Macaroni Kid South Birmingham is a free weekly e-newsletter and website focused on fun family events and things to do with kids in the South Birmingham region. We gather together all kinds of local family events and activities each week, and add useful information about classes, family-focused businesses, book and product reviews, recipes, crafts, school and camp guides and more. We proudly serve families in downtown Birmingham, Mountain Brook, Homewood, Vestavia Hills, Hoover, Pelham, the Oak Mountain and 280 area, Helena and Alabaster.