These ornaments turn out beautiful and the kids are so proud of their work. Most of the supplies can be purchased at a dollar store.
- Plastic ornaments with bigger opening at the top
- Curling Ribbon
- Pipe cleaners
- Glitter (optional)
1. Cut pieces of ribbon and garland and place inside the ornament.
2. Cut the pieces of pipe cleaner in half and curl them around a pencil so they end up in a spiral shape, then add to the ornament.
3. Curl the pieces of ribbon (curling ribbon) and drop various colors into the ornaments.
4. Continue filling the ornament with the glitter, red, green, gold, and silver decorations until you are satisfied.
5. Tie a ribbon around the top of the ornament.
Get a FREE kid-friendly event calendar for families living from downtown B'ham and south to Alabaster full of festivals, fairs, activities, events and more! Sign up by clicking HERE!
Macaroni Kid South Birmingham is a free weekly e-newsletter and website focused on fun family events and things to do with kids in the South Birmingham region. We gather together all kinds of local family events and activities each week, and add useful information about classes, family-focused businesses, book and product reviews, recipes, crafts, school and camp guides and more. We proudly serve families in downtown Birmingham, Mountain Brook, Homewood, Vestavia Hills, Hoover, Pelham, the Oak Mountain and 280 area, Helena and Alabaster.