There are a variety of ways to use Macaroni Kid South Birmingham as your go-to, local, family resource!
1. Subscribe: Macaroni Kid South Birmingham is a website and an e-newsletter. Our e-newsletter publishes (FREE) every week on Tuesday evenings and subscribers receive it in their email in-box each week, so they don't have to remember to check our website for new content and updated events.
2. Events: You will find a list of Today's Events at the top of the homepage. These events link to our Events page, which is one of our most popular features. It outlines the most comprehensive list of kid and family activities happening locally. Check back often, as we're always adding new activities as we come across them! Look at events on a particular day, or take a glimpse at a week coming up to see how you may want to plan ahead for events. You can even filter events by categories, which include city names, age groups and types of events. Update: we now have a monthly view of the calendar as well!
3. Guides: When we have a guide(s) available, there will be a "Guides" tab at the top of the homepage so you can reference it easily. Guides will have seasonally-appropriate information and events compiled for easy reference.
4. Tweens & Teens: Macaroni Kid isn't just for the younger crowd. We search for events going on in the area for all ages. Keep those teens busy too! We also periodically publish articles that pertain to a variety of ages or teens specific that we can share with parents.
5. Giveaways: Macaroni Kid is always trying to bring you great giveaways. Not only are they fun, it's great to get something for free!
6. Past Articles: If you would like to look back at previously published articles, you can use the Search function at the top of the website. You can also look for past articles by searching on the Articles page.
7. Calendars: The "iCalendar" and "Google Calendar" buttons appear below each event listing so you can easily incorporate them into your family's schedule.
8. Business Directory: The Business Directory is a great resource for local families and includes several local businesses (some even offer specials for Macaroni Kid readers!). This is a work in progress, so check back often as we develop this resource.
9. Sponsors: Please support our sponsors. They make it possible for us to offer this website and e-newsletter as a FREE community resource. Each local ad is approved and added to the page by me, so I can assure you that they are safe to click through. Of course any transactions between you and the advertiser are the responsibility of the two parties involved and not myself or Macaroni Kid. Visit the sponsors and tell them you saw them on Macaroni Kid!
10. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest: Like us on Facebook and/or follow us on Twitter where we post changes to event information when they occur, specials from local businesses, giveaway announcements, event pictures and parenting inspiration. Pinterest is where we keep lots of great ideas. And on Instagram, we share a bit of our personal lives, so you can get to know us as a family! See the homepage for all of our social links.
11. Share with Others: Don't keep us to yourself! Please share Macaroni Kid with your family and friends. Most parents are looking for ideas to keep their kids busy or ways to enjoy family time together. So forward our email to your friends, post our link on your Facebook page and spread the Macaroni love!
12. Submit an Event: Use the "Submit an Event" button that you'll find on the bottom of the Events page to send us information on an event in our area that you don't yet see on the calendar.
13. Read More: If you click on the "Read More" below any article in the eNewsletter, then the whole article will be visible.
14. Become a Sponsor: Advertise with us and reach your targeted audience - local families. We can customize an advertising package to work with your needs and your budget. Send me an email and I can answer any questions you have and send you more information. Our sponsors are what allow us to provide this incredible free resource for parents.
15. Traveling: If you are away on business, vacation or visiting friends in another city, make use of other Macaroni Kid sites to see what there is to do. There are more than 500 editions nationwide. Simply go to macaronikid.com and choose the state you will be in and the dropdown box will show all the choices you have.
Editor's Note: This article was originally published in March 2017. With all of our new subscribers, we thought it would be helpful to share it again!
Like this article? Macaroni Kid South Birmingham is a free weekly newsletter and website focused on fun family events and things to do with kids in the South Birmingham region. We gather together all kinds of local family events and activities each week, and add useful information about classes, family-focused businesses, book and product reviews, recipes, crafts, school and camp guides and more. We proudly serve families in downtown Birmingham, Mountain Brook, Homewood, Vestavia Hills, Hoover, Pelham, Oak Mountain area, Helena and Alabaster. Sign up for our newsletter and never miss another awesome event again! Subscribe here for FREE at https://sbirmingham.macaronikid.com/subscribe